Wildwood’s First Druggist ~ Elmer Pinker

Elmer T. Pinker was born in 1879 in Philadelphia and graduated Pharmacy School in 1904 before finding his way to the island, where his father was building homes in Holly Beach. Elmer settled on Pine Ave. and opened Pinker’s Pharmacy on the corner of Davis & Pacific, the island’s first drug store. His son, Elmer A. Pinker owned a home on Wildwood Ave. and passed on his love of Wildwood to his family, including granddaughter, Polly McGinnis, who shared these vintage photos with us.

Elmer T. & Elmer A. and young daughter Priscilla Pinker


Categories Featured Columns General Stories